https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Monhegan Buoys Fish Beach

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monhegan Buoys Fish Beach

                         Monhegan Buoys  6x8 oil on canvas panel

In September I took a few days and went out to Monhegan. The weather was perfect and the island was a little quieter than it is in say July. This painting shows a view of Fish Beach where a lot of the lobstering gear is kept and made ready for when the lobstering season begins in October. I liked the color on these buoys. There were more boats on the beach than are showing here. I wanted to simplify the scene some. I have been working hard on getting values correct. I hope it shows.
This painting is available in my Etsy shop  www.etsy.com/shop/sandydolanart 

No comments:

Post a Comment