https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Bird in the Garden-Red Breasted Nuthatch

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bird in the Garden-Red Breasted Nuthatch


                           Red Breasted Nuthatch  6x6 oil on panel

  I took a photo of this bird last fall as he was making his way through a bush full of rose hips. I like the color combinations here. I enjoy keeping an eye out for different kinds of birds when I am out painting and walking. I have a hedge of cedars outside my studio window that attracts quite a few birds. This time of year I see pairs of Red Cardinals, Chickadees, and bright Blue Jays. In the spring and fall this same hedge comes alive with so many kinds of birds during migration.  This is the first bird I have painted. I will try to do more in the future. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this painting.   Sandy
This painting and others are available for sale through my Etsy shop
www.etsy.com/shop/sandydolanart

No comments:

Post a Comment