https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Changing It Up - Day 5

Monday, January 5, 2015

Changing It Up - Day 5


                         Riding Economy  6x6 oil on canvas panel

I decided to shake it up a bit in terms of subject today. Quite often I love to paint the coastal subjects. That is were I live and what I love. Today I wanted to do something a little more graphic. I love this scooter and the shadow it is making on the pavement. When the weather is good I will often start my day with a walk along the waterfront in Belfast. This scooter was parked there many times and I finally got a photo of it. In painting this I worked on my drawing, values, and tried to think about a good arrangement of the subject within the square format.
This painting is for sale in my Etsy shop. I am featuring free shipping for the month of January.
www.etsy.com/shop/sandydolanart
I hope you are all staying warm. It is getting very cold out there. I have been filling the wood stove all day today.  Thanks for stopping by! Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment