https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Big Changes and a Juried Show SOLD

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Big Changes and a Juried Show SOLD

                           Swim Beach Landing Monhegan 12x16
  Above is the new version of a painting I did on Monhegan Island. The one below is the original painting. I decided to take out the white dory in the middle of the painting. I thought it kept the viewer from traveling into the scene. I had to think about this for some time before I got up the courage to make this huge change but I felt that it would be a big improvement.
I changed a few other details to enhance the destination of the house. I was so much happier with the results. Big sigh of relief.
Yesterday my friend Dianne and I traveled one hour by car to Waterville to enter some paintings into the Maine Open Juried Art Show. This is a show that happens once a year. Each artist can enter 2 paintings. This new version of Swim Beach Landing is one of the paintings I entered. We dropped off our paintings in the morning then we had to wait several hours for the jurying process to be done. We went out for a delicious lunch and then went to see The 2nd Great Marigold Hotel movie. That was fun. We went back to see if our paintings got in and both of our paintings got accepted. That felt good! We rode home happy! Tuesday night is the opening and we will be there to meet the other artists and see what paintings got awards. Should be fun.
Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog! Sandy
www.sandydolan.com
www.etsy.com/shop/sandydolanart

No comments:

Post a Comment