https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Marshall Point Lighthouse SOLD

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Marshall Point Lighthouse SOLD


                                              Marshall Point Lighthouse 6x8 oil on panel

Marshall Point Lighthouse is located in St. George, Maine. This lighthouse can be seen from the ferry to Monhegan Island if you take the ferry out of Port Clyde. Many people know this lighthouse as the one made famous in the movie Forrest Gump. I don't paint many lighthouses but I do love them. They are such an important part of the maritime history of Maine and I think they are very symbolic in many ways.   www.sandydolan.com 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful paintings you've got on your blog. And what an amazing place to live. I've only been there twice and didn't want to return home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan. I enjoy living in Maine. I try to get out and stay in touch with the places I love. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete