https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Plein Air to Studio SOLD!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Plein Air to Studio SOLD!



                                        Just Around the River Bend  12x12 oil on canvas panel

  This painting was started about 1 1/2 years ago outdoors on the East Branch of the Penobscot River.. It has been hanging around the studio because I knew it was not done. I just didn't know yet where to take it. I just finished it yesterday. It is a good feeling to get something like that moving again to completion. I often paint on location as many of you know. Some artists think that a painting done outside should not be touched again once it comes back to the studio.  I prefer to keep working on a painting until I feel it is complete whether it is finished on location or in the studio. I learn a lot from the paintings I complete in the studio.    www.sandydolan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment