https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Lunksoos Artists Retreat sold

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lunksoos Artists Retreat sold

Sunrise on the East Branch  of the Penobscot River
 In September I was invited to an artist's retreat held at the Lunksoos Camps on the East Branch of the Penobscot River. There were ten artists who came to this retreat. I was there for 5 days. We stayed over night in small cabins with three artists in each cabin. I got up before sunrise on the first day. It was very chilly. It was probably about 37 degrees out that is why there is a mist on the river. This is a painting I did that morning. While I was painting this beaver was swimming in the river near me. He came over to have a look at me and then went on his way. Several times he slapped his tail on the water and dove down under the water. He put on quite a show for me. This was a great time and I feel very fortunate to have been a part of this first time event held at this location.


A reflection I liked.


My friend who visited on that chilly morning.


A beautiful sunset over Mt. Katahdin many of us saw from the camp porch.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, your reflection portrait is just incredible! You really captured color and light beautifully!

    ReplyDelete