https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471897_687262907958817_1094816550_n.jpg Sandy Dolan Maine Painting and Photography: Three to Get Ready SOLD

Monday, July 2, 2012

Three to Get Ready SOLD

"Three to Get Ready"  SOLD


                         This is a painting I recently finished. I was attracted to this scene by the lyrical shapes of the boats lined up and the interesting shadows they were casting on the street. I spent two mornings painting plein air for about two hours each session getting the boats and shadows the way I wanted them. I struggled a bit with the light on the small building directly behind the boats. I wanted to get the reflected light on the left side of the structure. These boats were hauled out of the harbor because of pending bad weather so I decided to name it "Three to Get Ready".
                        This coming weekend I will be showing this painting and others at the Belfast Arts in the Park.  I have been down at the waterfront in Belfast this week painting a scene that includes one of the tug boats there. I will post that painting when it is done. Hopfully it will be finished in time for the weekend show too.

No comments:

Post a Comment